Because of deteriorating Covid Situation, DANA Clinic will remain closed till furrther notice. If the situation improves, DANA will reopen in 2/3 weeks. For Online Counselling with the Psychologists and Online Consultation with the Psychiatrists, please contct DANA’s Mobile Nos. e.g., 9051252231 & 9163498074.
DANA has reopened on 1st July 2020. Currently the Visiting Hours will be limited between 12 & 4 pm daily. As per protocol, the visiting time for each client shall be restricted to 10 -15 minutes. Only one person accompanying the Client/ Patient shall be allowed after proper sanitization and Thermal Check.
All are requested to cooperate.
ONLINE COUNSELLING/ CONSULTATION WILL ALSO CONTINUE. FEES WILL BE ACCEPTED ONLINE AND ALSO AT THE RECEPTION DESK.
iN THE EVENT OF TOTAL LOCKDOWN ANY PERSON INCLUDIND OUR CLIENTS REQUIRING HELP IN ANY MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEM CAN ACCESS OUR PROFESSIONALS FOR ONLINE CONSULTATION & COUNSELLING.
KINDLY CONTACT DANA HELPLINE : 9051252231 BETWEEN 12 & 8 PM.
PUJA WILL CONNECT YOU TO THE EXPERT.
STAY AT HOME. STAY HEALTHY. THIS IS THE TIME OF TOGETHERNESS IN SPITE OF PHYSICAL DISTANCE.
DANA is Shifting to a New Address at Bosepukur on the Rashbehari Connector, between Gariahat & Ruby General Hospital.
DANA’s New Address:
47/1B, Bosepukur Road, Kolkata 700042. Behind Bosepukur Petrol Pump.
DANA’s AGM for 2011 – 2019 was held at DANA on Sunday, the 30th June, 2019.
DIAGNOSTIC AND APPLIED NEURO-PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION(DANA)
ANNUAL REPORT FOR THE YEAR 2018-2019
To be Presented in the Annual General Meeting of DANA in its Registered Office on
30th June 2019 at 12-00 Noon
Diagnostic and Applied Neuro-psychological Association (DANA) is a registered non-profit organization which was established on February 10, 2000 by a group of Professional Mental Health Workers with a noble mission to render services to the community for promoting mental health status of the same. DANA continues its work as a registered NGO since 2002. At present, there are Total 28 Members i.e. (namely 15 General Members, 1 Honorary Member and12 Life Members) and 48 Associate Members.
The Executive Committee of DANA for 2018-2020 consists of Dr. Amal Kr. Mallick as President, Dr. Sheila Banerjee as Vice-President, Dr. Sayandip Ghosh as Secretary, Mrs. Pallabi Mukhopadhyay as Jt. Secretary, Mr. Pranab Kumar Moitra as Treasurer, Dr. Amit Chakraborty, Dr. Gautam Bandopadhyay, Mrs. Sutapa Chakraborty, Mrs. Bandana Mukherjee, Mrs. Ratna Mitra and Mrs. Rita Roy as Members. Mrs. Sutapa Chakraborty as Co-coordinator has helped towards smooth functioning of DANA since inception.
The Executive Committee Meetings were held on 17th June 2018, 16th July 2018, 30th December 2018, 21st January 2019 & 25th March 2019.
Different activities of DANA ( April 2018- March 2019 )
- A) Clinical Services
The services offered by DANA can be assessed from the following statistics
Registered new clients – 876
- B) Public awareness programmes
- i) The fourth Mental Health Fair was organised by DANA on 1st October 2018 to commemorate Mental Health week and Mental Health Day .The following NGO S working in the field of mental health participitated in the function: Pavlov Institute, Kolkata, Manab Sangbed, Sodepur, Girindrasekhar Institute of Psychological Education and Research,Kolkata and Manas, Madanpur. A seminar was held on the occasion on the theme for the year 2019 e.g., ” Young people and Mental Health in a changing world” .The speakers were Dr.Sayandip Ghosh, Mrs. Bandana Mukherjee, Mr Tarun kumar Dutta and Mrs Krishna sarbari Dasgupta. Dr.Gautam Bandyopadhyay and Dr.Amit Chakraborty participitated in the interactive session. Mr. Himadri Barua, Advocate was felicitated for his service to DANA during last few years.
- ii) DANA participated actively in the kolkata Book Fair 2019 .All books of DANA were exhibited at the stall of Shabdohorin..
- C) Orientation Programmes/Workshops
The following orientation programmes were held by DANA between April 2018 and Match 2019:-
- i) Orientation programme on Career Counselling on 29th April 2018
Speakers were Mrs Pallabi Mukhopadhyay, Mrs Shubhra Baneerjee Pal & Mr Subir Nag.
- ii) Orientation programme on ” Changing thoughts as Therapy ”
Speakers were Dr.Sayandip Ghosh, Dr.Sheila Banerjee , Dr.Gautam Bandopadhyay, Mrs Rita roy.
iii) Orientation programme on Developmental and Intellectual Problems on Children on 5th August 2018 Speakers were Dr.Amit Chakraborty , Dr.Gautam Bandopadhyay & Dr. Anirban Ray.
- iv) Orientation programme on Borderline Intellectual Functioning and Borderline Personality Disorder on 2nd September 2018 Speakers were Dr.Amit Chakraborty & Dr Gautam Bandyopadhyay.
- v) Orientation programme on Childhood Trauma on 18 th November 2018
Speakers were Dr.Amal kumar Mullic, Dr.Amit Chakraborty, Dr.Sheila Banerjee & Mrs Rita Roy .
- vi) Orientation programme on Care Giving Stress: Dilemma and Solutions on 30th December 2018. The Key Speaker was Dr.Gautam Bandopadhyay.
vii) Orientation programme on Dialectical Behavior Therapy ( DBT) on 17th January 2019 .
The Key Speaker was Dr.Sudipa Deshmukh.
viii) Orientation programme on Identifying and Classifying Symptoms in the Mind held on 31st March 2019. The Speakers Dr.Gautam Bandopadhyay, Dr. Sayandip Ghosh, Dr.Ranjit Majumdar (emeritus professor of West Virginia university ,USA delivered a lecture on psychophysics connecting kind and body on 30th Dec 2018..
D – Cultural Activities
(a) On 9th May, 2018, DANA organized Rabindra Jayanti at its premises. All members and guests actively participated in the programme.
(b) On 21st October,2018,` Bijoya Sammilani was hosted by Dr Amit Chakraborty at his residence.
(c) On 21st March 2019, the members of DANA gathered in the residence of Dr Amit Chakraborty on the occasion of Doljatra.
E – Computerization
E-billing and E- management of data related to all registered clients of DANA has been continuing over the last six financial years and is being effectively carried on.
A deep sense of gratitude is expressed to A.C.Behera & Co for auditing the Accounts of DANA like previous years at a nominal fee.
Last, but not the least, it is the whole hearted co-operation from all categories of Members and Office colleagues e.g., Ms. Puja Dutta, Mr. Subhas Maitra, and Mr. Animesh Patra, that has helped DANA to successfully render its se
Daylong workshop on Classification of Mental Desease was held at DANA on 31st March 2019. The Key Speaker was Prof Dr Gautam Bandyopadhyay, Neuropsychiatrist. More than 30 Professionals and Students attended t
0n the 0ccassion World Mental Health Week, Special Book Fair with books on Mental Health will be displayed and sold at DANA on 6 th & 7th October 2018 between 12 & 7 pm. A special workshop on this year’s theme will be organised at DANA on 7th October between 11 & 5 pm. All are welcome.
Programme for 7th October
Psychological problems in the young
Dr. Sayandip Ghosh
Parenting and behavioural problems
Mrs. Bandana Mukherjee
Dependence on gadgets and internet
Mr. Tarun kumar Dutta
Media and it’s effects on the youth of today
Mrs. Krishnasarbari Dasgupta
Mental health of today’s youth in the changing world
Panel discussion participants
Dr. Amit Chakraborty
Dr. Gautam Bandyopadhyay
Dr. Sheila Banerjee
Mrs. Krishnasarbari Dasgupta
Mrs. Bandana Mukherjee
Mr. Tarun kumar Dutta
Moderator.- Dr. Sayandip Ghosh
Daylong workshop on marital issues and sex problems was held on 25th March 2018 at DANA. Around 25 counsellors and other interested persons attended the workshop. The key speakers were Dr Gautam Bandyopadhay and Dr Amit Chakraborty were the key speakers.
AGM of DANA was held on Sunday 25th June 2017. Secretary’s Annual Report is presented
DIAGNOSTIC AND APPLIED NEURO-PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION
(D A N A)
ANNUAL REPORT FOR THE YEAR 2016-201517
To be Presented in the Annual General Meeting of DANA in its Registered Office on 25th June 2017 at 12-00 Noon.
Diagnostic and Applied Neuro-psychological Association (DANA) is a registered non-profit organization which was established on February 10, 2000 by a group of Professional Mental Health Workers with a noble mission to render services to the community for promoting mental health status of the same. DANA continues its work as a registered NGO since 2002, though in fact it has completed seventeen years of its existence. At present, there are Total 27 Members i.e. (namely 14 General Members, 1 Honorary Member and12 Life Members) and 47 Associate Members.
The Executive Committee of DANA for 2016-2018 consists of Dr. Amal Kr. Mallick as President, Dr. Sheila Banerjee as Vice-President, Dr. Sayandip Ghosh as Secretary, Mrs. Pallabi Mukhopadhyay as Jt. Secretary, Mr. Pranab Kumar Moitra as Treasurer, Dr. Amit Chakraborty, Dr. Gautam Bandopadhyay, Mrs. Sutapa Chakraborty, Mrs. Bandana Mukherjee, Mrs. Ratna Mitra and Mrs. Rita Roy as Members. Mrs. Sutapa Chakraborty as Co-coordinator has helped towards smooth functioning of DANA since inception.
The Executive Committee Meetings were held on 26th June 2016, 20th November 2016, 16th January 2017, 19th March 2017.
Different Activities of DANA (April, 2014 to March 2015)
A – Clinical Services
The services offered by DANA can be accessed from the following statistics. The professionals of DANA were associated with:
(1) Registered New Clients ——- 1167
B – Educational Programme
(a) On 10th April 2016, 4th annual seminar on the Scope of Art Therapy in the treatment of mental illness was held at Hotel Golden Park, Kolkata. The programme was inaugurated by Swami Tattwatitananda osw Ramkrisna Mission Institute of Culture, Golpark. Dr.Chittaranjan Andrade delivered a lecture on” Art, Creativity and Brain”. Dr.Debasis Bhattacharya presented a lecture on “An overview of Art Therapy”, Dr.Sayandip Ghosh spoke on “Art Therapy as an Adunctive Treatment for adult Psychiatric Patients”, Professor Soumik Nandy Majumdar delivered a lecture on “Interpretation of Visual Language- looking through the eyes of children”, Miss Trina Lahiri presented her work on “ Art Therapy in Terminal Illness”. The programme was co-ordinated by Dr. Sheila Banerjee.
A panel discussion was also held on “The Scope of Non-drug Therapy for Treatment of Mentally Ill Patients.”Dr.Gautam Saha, Sri Hiran Mitra, Dr.Gautam Bandopadhyay were the speakers on the topic. Dr.Amit Chakraborty was the moderator of the whole programme.
C- Public Awareness Programme
1. A Mental Health Fair was organized by DANA on 1st and 2nd October 2016 to commemorate Mental Health Week and Mental Health Day. Several NGOs working in the field of mental health participated in the 2 day long function. The following NGOs participated:
Pavlov Institute, Manob Sangbed, Girindrasekhar Clinic and DANA
Seminars on issues relating to mental health were also held on this ocassion
On 1st October Dr Gautam Banerjee, Dr Gautam Bandopadhyay, Mr. Sanjit Sengupta, Mr Tarun Dutta participated in a discussion titled” First Aid in Mental Health”, which was the theme of Mental Health Week, 2016. This discussion was moderated by Dr Sayandip Ghosh.
On the next day (2nd October 2016) the topic was “ Ways of Staying Happy” and the speakers were Dr Debashis Bhattacharya, Dr Amit Chakraborty, Dr Sheila Banerjee and Mr Mohit Ranadip. The programme was moderated by Mrs Bandana Mukherjee.
2. An orientation programme on “Parenting and Child Guidance” was held on 11th December 2016 at DANA premises. The speakers were Dr Amit Chakraborty and Dr Gautam Bandopadhyay. A panel discussion was also held in which Dr. Sheila Banerjee, Mr. Mohit Ranadip and Mrs Bandana Mukherjee participated. The programme was moderated by Dr Sayandip Ghosh.
3. Sreerampur Union Institution invited DANA to deliver a lecture and conduct an interactive session with parents and students on 29th January 2017 regarding Problems of Adolescence & their remedy.The speakers were Dr Amal Kumar Mallick, Dr Amit Chakraborty & Dr Gautam Bandopadhyay. The programme wasmoderated by Mrs Ratna Mitra.
4. The 2nd orientation programme on “Developmental aspects and problems of Adolescence” was held on 12th February 2017 at DANA premises. The speakers were Dr Amal Kumar Mallick, Mrs Rita Roy, Dr Sayandip Ghosh and Dr Gautam Bandopadhyay. A panel discussion was also held which was moderated and co-ordinated by Dr Amit Chakraborty.
5. DANA participated actively in the Kolkata Book Fair 2016. All books of DANA were exhibited at the Stalls of Shabdohorin .
C – Cultural Activities
(a) On 7th May, 2016 DANA organized Rabindra Jayanti at its premises. All members and guests actively participated in the programme.
(b) On 16th October, 2016` Bijoya Sammilani (Ichchhapuron) was hosted by Mrs Rina Guha at Astor Hotel.
(c) On 19th March 2017 the members of DANA gathered at the residence of Dr Amit Chakraborty after Doljatra for an informal get together.
D – Computerization
E-billing and E- management of data related to all registered clients of DANA has been continuing over the last three financial years and is