On the occassion of Mental Health Week, Daylong workshop on ‘Suicide & its Prevention’ will be held on Sunday 29th September 2019 at DANA. Like previous years Mental Health Book Fair will also be organised on the day. Dr Gautam Bandyopadhyay will be key speaker in the workshop.
All are welcone.
Daylong workshop on Mid Age Crisis (Middle Age Problems) will be held at DANA on Sunday, 18th August 2019 between 11 am & 4.30 pm. All are welcome.
DANA’s AGM for 2011 – 2019 was held at DANA on Sunday, the 30th June, 2019.
DIAGNOSTIC AND APPLIED NEURO-PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION(DANA)
ANNUAL REPORT FOR THE YEAR 2018-2019
To be Presented in the Annual General Meeting of DANA in its Registered Office on
30th June 2019 at 12-00 Noon
Diagnostic and Applied Neuro-psychological Association (DANA) is a registered non-profit organization which was established on February 10, 2000 by a group of Professional Mental Health Workers with a noble mission to render services to the community for promoting mental health status of the same. DANA continues its work as a registered NGO since 2002. At present, there are Total 28 Members i.e. (namely 15 General Members, 1 Honorary Member and12 Life Members) and 48 Associate Members.
The Executive Committee of DANA for 2018-2020 consists of Dr. Amal Kr. Mallick as President, Dr. Sheila Banerjee as Vice-President, Dr. Sayandip Ghosh as Secretary, Mrs. Pallabi Mukhopadhyay as Jt. Secretary, Mr. Pranab Kumar Moitra as Treasurer, Dr. Amit Chakraborty, Dr. Gautam Bandopadhyay, Mrs. Sutapa Chakraborty, Mrs. Bandana Mukherjee, Mrs. Ratna Mitra and Mrs. Rita Roy as Members. Mrs. Sutapa Chakraborty as Co-coordinator has helped towards smooth functioning of DANA since inception.
The Executive Committee Meetings were held on 17th June 2018, 16th July 2018, 30th December 2018, 21st January 2019 & 25th March 2019.
Different activities of DANA ( April 2018- March 2019 )
- A) Clinical Services
The services offered by DANA can be assessed from the following statistics
Registered new clients – 876
- B) Public awareness programmes
- i) The fourth Mental Health Fair was organised by DANA on 1st October 2018 to commemorate Mental Health week and Mental Health Day .The following NGO S working in the field of mental health participitated in the function: Pavlov Institute, Kolkata, Manab Sangbed, Sodepur, Girindrasekhar Institute of Psychological Education and Research,Kolkata and Manas, Madanpur. A seminar was held on the occasion on the theme for the year 2019 e.g., ” Young people and Mental Health in a changing world” .The speakers were Dr.Sayandip Ghosh, Mrs. Bandana Mukherjee, Mr Tarun kumar Dutta and Mrs Krishna sarbari Dasgupta. Dr.Gautam Bandyopadhyay and Dr.Amit Chakraborty participitated in the interactive session. Mr. Himadri Barua, Advocate was felicitated for his service to DANA during last few years.
- ii) DANA participated actively in the kolkata Book Fair 2019 .All books of DANA were exhibited at the stall of Shabdohorin..
- C) Orientation Programmes/Workshops
The following orientation programmes were held by DANA between April 2018 and Match 2019:-
- i) Orientation programme on Career Counselling on 29th April 2018
Speakers were Mrs Pallabi Mukhopadhyay, Mrs Shubhra Baneerjee Pal & Mr Subir Nag.
- ii) Orientation programme on ” Changing thoughts as Therapy ”
Speakers were Dr.Sayandip Ghosh, Dr.Sheila Banerjee , Dr.Gautam Bandopadhyay, Mrs Rita roy.
iii) Orientation programme on Developmental and Intellectual Problems on Children on 5th August 2018 Speakers were Dr.Amit Chakraborty , Dr.Gautam Bandopadhyay & Dr. Anirban Ray.
- iv) Orientation programme on Borderline Intellectual Functioning and Borderline Personality Disorder on 2nd September 2018 Speakers were Dr.Amit Chakraborty & Dr Gautam Bandyopadhyay.
- v) Orientation programme on Childhood Trauma on 18 th November 2018
Speakers were Dr.Amal kumar Mullic, Dr.Amit Chakraborty, Dr.Sheila Banerjee & Mrs Rita Roy .
- vi) Orientation programme on Care Giving Stress: Dilemma and Solutions on 30th December 2018. The Key Speaker was Dr.Gautam Bandopadhyay.
vii) Orientation programme on Dialectical Behavior Therapy ( DBT) on 17th January 2019 .
The Key Speaker was Dr.Sudipa Deshmukh.
viii) Orientation programme on Identifying and Classifying Symptoms in the Mind held on 31st March 2019. The Speakers Dr.Gautam Bandopadhyay, Dr. Sayandip Ghosh, Dr.Ranjit Majumdar (emeritus professor of West Virginia university ,USA delivered a lecture on psychophysics connecting kind and body on 30th Dec 2018..
D – Cultural Activities
(a) On 9th May, 2018, DANA organized Rabindra Jayanti at its premises. All members and guests actively participated in the programme.
(b) On 21st October,2018,` Bijoya Sammilani was hosted by Dr Amit Chakraborty at his residence.
(c) On 21st March 2019, the members of DANA gathered in the residence of Dr Amit Chakraborty on the occasion of Doljatra.
E – Computerization
E-billing and E- management of data related to all registered clients of DANA has been continuing over the last six financial years and is being effectively carried on.
A deep sense of gratitude is expressed to A.C.Behera & Co for auditing the Accounts of DANA like previous years at a nominal fee.
Last, but not the least, it is the whole hearted co-operation from all categories of Members and Office colleagues e.g., Ms. Puja Dutta, Mr. Subhas Maitra, and Mr. Animesh Patra, that has helped DANA to successfully render its se
DANA organised a very interesting debate on ‘Future of Marriage’ on 17th June2019 at Jibananda Sabhaghar, Babgla Academy, Kolkata. The motion was ‘There is no future of the Institution of Marraiage’. Pracheta Gupta, writer, Krisnasarbari Dasgupta, Media Personality and Dr Amit Chakraborty spoke for the motion. Tarun Dutta, Counsellor, Dr Basabi Chakraborty, Sociologist and Dr Gautam Bandyopadhyay, Neuropsychiatrist spoke against the motion. Ratna Mitra was the Moderator. At the end of the debate, the audience in the pacjed auditorium voted for tge motion.
Eminent Environmentalist Prof Sujoy Basu released the book DAMPATWA on Marital Relationship published by DANA.
DANA organizes a Debate on ‘Future of Marriage’ on Monday, the 17th June 2019 at 6 pm at Jibananda Sabhaghar in Bangla Academy Complex. The speakers will be Pracheta Gupta, Binayak Bandyopadhyay, Dr Amit Chakraborty, Dr Gautam Bandyopadhyay, Krishnasarbari Dasgupta and Dr Basabi Chakraborty. Ratna Mitra will be the Moderator.
DANA’s recent book on ‘ Marital Relationship’ will be released on this occassion.
All are invited. Invitation cards are available at DANA’s Reception.
Annual General Meeting of DANA for 2019 shall be held at DANA premises at Jodhpur Park on 30th June 2019 at 12 noon. Lunch will be provided after the meeting.
All members are requested to contact DANA Reception.
- Daylong workshop on ‘Parenting’ was organised at DANA today with about 25 participants. Mohit Ranadip, Rita Roy, Dr Gautam Bandyopadgyay and Dr Amit Chakraborty spoke on various aspects of Parenting.
Daylong workshop on Parenting will be organised at DANA on Sunday, 26th May, 2019. The key speakers will be Mohit Ranadip, Psychiatric Social Worker and Mental Health Activist and Ms Rita Roy, Psycologist and Counsellor. Dr Gautam Bandyopadhyay and Dr Amit Chakraborty will take part in the Panel Discussion in the second half of the Workshop.
All are welcome.